CAPE Users’ Group
Meeting & Training
8-10 October 2018
The European edition of the CAPE Users’ Group Meeting with
CAPE training will be held 8-10 October in Athens, Greece.
We promise a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of system protection, learn the latest about CAPE, guide CAPE’s future development, and meet with colleagues from other companies and countries. One online registration process covers all three days, including the Users’ Group Meeting and the CAPE training.
CAPE European Users' Group
All Day Monday and Tuesday morning
8 - 9 October
This is a general meeting packed with presentations on the latest CAPE developments and news. We expect a worthwhile exchange of ideas and your priorities for CAPE future development.
Topic Highlights for 2018 EUGM include:
• Islanding Scheme Validation Using CAPE-TS Link
• New support for CAPE database security
• Update on CAPE-TS Link, including the dynamic stability boundary method
• Status Report on Rewrite of CAPE Protection Simulation Engine
• Revised model for Type 4 inverter-coupled renewables
• Display of overcurrent and distance element reaches on OL diagram
• Automatic fault location with CAPE and Wavewin
• Siprotec5 Relay Modeling
• New features of One-Line Diagram module: partial graphics files, hot keys, recommended options
• Sensitivity studies with flexible contact logic extensions for element identification
• Overview of CAPE support for North American protection standards of probable interest in European and other regions
• One-click navigation features
• New handy utility macros
• Modeling non-homogeneous mutual coupling in Line Constants
The CAPE Users' Group Meeting is 1.5 days and costs US$495, including two lunches and Monday night dinner. (After August 31, US$595)
Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday
9 - 10 October
Build on your existing CAPE skills or get the big picture quickly.
Choose one of the three tracks below when you register. Each track includes three half-day class sessions, listed here in the order they will be offered.
The CAPE Training is 1.5 days and costs US$650 for Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday training including lunches.
(After August 31: US$750.)
For all training classes, you will need to bring your own laptop and, optionally, your own database.
Each track begins Tuesday afternoon and continues Wednesday morning and afternoon. Topics are listed in the order they will be offered.
Track One - for protection engineers who are relatively new to CAPE.
Introduces Database Editor, Short Circuit, One-Line Diagram, and Coordination Graphics. Continues over all three half-day sessions, beginning on Tuesday afternoon and continuing Wednesday morning and afternoon.
- CAPE for New Users - Part 1
- CAPE for New Users - Part 2
- CAPE for New Users - Part 3
Track Two - for protection engineers with CAPE experience.
- Using Coordination Graphics and its special displays - Part 1
- Using Coordination Graphics and its special displays - Part 2
- System Simulator and Relay Checking, including pilot protection
Track Three - for protection engineers with CAPE experience.
- Data compare, merge, and management techniques
- Modeling transmission lines with Line Constants
- Introduction to writing macros
We're looking forward to seeing you!
Registration Opens Soon